Sunday, January 22, 2017

Nature’s Treasures--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

Nature’s Treasures

Nature and I are inseparable
We are constantly in conversation
with each other.
I have a respectful admiration for it;
I know its beauty quite well.
What’s so refreshing is
That it’s still a place
Wild at heart….
When I walk in the woods or climb mountains
There is always something different about Nature’s
Unspeakable grace;
The state of God’s unique brushwork…
I celebrate God’s world of nature:
I am humbled by its splendor and serenity,
so long a part of me.

(Part of John’s new chapbook called A Cup of Warm Words)

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

6 comments:

  1. Dear John,
    Welcome to Whispers.
    Thank you for this poem with its engaging, conversational tone. I join you in affirming nature's attributes.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attitude here is beautiful. Humility from the speaker and acceptance of the wild in nature, good poem!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John.
    Congratulations on your new chapbook. I enjoyed the poem you selected from it to share with us here at Whispers. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joh,
    Beautifully said, my friend.
    ~Davidf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friends,

    Thank you for sharing these lovely comments for John. I will send them to him. John, it is always a joy to publish your words, my friend. Wishing you the best always!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said John, Very good writing about "Nature’s
    Treasures" Keep the unique word scenes up.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete