Friday, October 10, 2014

The Word Alive Phrasis--By Brian Strand--England

The Word Alive Phrasis

O shower of rain, well of fresh water,
stream of life to me, first fruit on my
apple tree. O cluster of henna, my
beautiful crown a pearl of great value ,
this rose of Sharon. Lily of the valleys,
an indescribable gift, a door for the sheep,
present, future & past. Beginning and
end, my comfort and my friend.

Brian Strand has created short poetic forms including 'broken monoku' (a haiku variation) and 'footle' (a trochaic monometer with witty, topical, etc themes) and Captioned Cartoon, an Ekphrasis combining his art and poetic interests. He has published a seven kindle ebook series Poetic forms; A Strand of Verse; My Choice Strand Verse; A Strand Guide; Christianity Explained; A Strand critique; and Captioned Cartoon Ekphrasis. Brian has written nearly 200 Amazon reviews and is a Wiki poetry and art editor.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see some more of your work. Will look for your books
    Maureen S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so beautiful and wraps up into a soul and into its depths of spirituality. Very creative, too! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I really enjoyed the poem. It is simply beautiful and beautifully simple especially the words "Beginning and end my comfort and my friend." Could this all be referring to Jesus? Thank you for sharing your talent in this well written poem.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brian. I enjoyed reading your poem. It is nicely written and full of flavorful images. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete