Thursday, December 14, 2017

Archive Selection--By Emile Pinet--Canada--Originally Published--November 26, 2016

A Picture of Paradise

A swing propelled by a young girl’s giggles,
arks into the air reaching for the sky.
And its rope chafes the bark of an old oak,
as flashes of my youth go streaming by.

Evergreen trees form an emerald hedge,
as peace and tranquility set the scene.
And reds, yellows, purples and pinks abound,
where patches of wildflowers offset green.

A wild rose tangled in the undergrowth,
scatters its fragrant petals all around.
And where lilac bushes support its perch,
violet blossoms confetti the ground.

A pair of Mallard ducks scurry away,
on a pond with a silver mirrored sheen.
And barring a picture of paradise,
this is the pretties spot I've ever seen.

A scarlet sun bleeds as daylight departs,
slowly retreating from twilight’s attack.
And flowing like a billion bleeding hearts,
crimson rivers color the edge of black.

Emile Pinet was born in a small city, (Bathurst) New Brunswick, Canada, the third eldest of thirteen children, ten girls and three boys. He is the product of a semi-dysfunctional family, brought up by a physically abusive and controlling father, versus a loving, nurturing mother. Many of his poems reflect the uniqueness of nature, which he loves, and his poetic observations of life in general. Emile is 66 years old and has been writing poems since he was about 35. The ideas started to come to him rapidly one day at work-- he decided to write them down and express himself through his poetry.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Emile,

    This poem, really 'Got me' your writing is with so much imagery that you truly paint a picture with words.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Inge, you honor me with your review, I appreciate your support my friend, Emile.

      Delete
  2. enjoyed reading this gem again, Emile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jack, I truly appreciate your comments and support my friend, Emile.

      Delete
  3. I have truly enjoyed your lovely imagery, Emile. ~ May I take this opportunity to wish you happy Christmas, and to congratulate you on your recently published poetry book! Best regards ~ paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Emile, the beauty of nature is exalted in this wonderful Archive Selection. Congratulations on having it honored. Your imagery of the lilac petals in these two lines: 'And where lilac bushes support its perch,
    violet blossoms confetti the ground.'
    returned me to Germany in the spring where I last joyfully took in the scent of lilacs heavenly bouquet. I am so happy this poem was selected. Poetry like this is such a gift and I am so happy you have published two books of your work recently. May "Fragmented Feelings and Scattered Thoughts" be purchased and shared by many! I am thrilled with my copies. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Blessings and Aloha, Connie : )

    ReplyDelete