Tuesday, February 6, 2018

If My Tears were Ink--By Gerald Heyder--United States

If My Tears were Ink

I pen with black ink
but I lack feeling
of heart and soul.
I may as well write
with a piece of coal.
I’m so depressed for
I’m not in the pink,
my emotions shredding
as my heart starts to shrink.
Maybe my words
would come alive
if I were to strive
in another form?
Perhaps it’s possible
I could achieve it
if I truly believe it
if my tears were ink;
my misty eyes
are making me think.

Gerald Heyder loves to write as well as draw cartoons. He also enjoys vintage movies, TV shows and oldies music.  He once served a hitch in the military. His favorite subject is history. “That’s it!”

5 comments:

  1. Dear Gerald,

    An original way to express feelings while being sad. I imagine what would happen if my ink tears would rain down on a piece of paper.
    A lovely poem, thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. If my tears were ink. What a great line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emotions are an excellent source for good poetry, Gerald. Sadness can be very inspirational. Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gerald,

    This is one of your best poems ever, my friend. The depth and emotion ring true. It's also a piece that writers can relate to as we all go through our own tears in ink. Thank you for being a part of Whispers all these years. Your support and encouragement have been greatly appreciated.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete