Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Poetry--By Ralph Stott--England

elderly ramblers
wispy white
clouds
_______________

my fathers slippers
resting in
peace
_______________

the japanese vase
always emitting
calm
even to my hastily arranged
honesty stems
_______________

Ralph Stott was born in Kent, England in 1957. He is married and has two daughters.  He studied design at the Medway College of Design in the mid-70's. Expressing ideas through the written/visual media, has always interested him. Ralph began to dedicate more time to poetry with The Writers and Poetry Alliance, in particular the 'Stylists' forum, over the last 3 years. He has self published one book called Legends For Lunchtime; a collection of short stories and has a second book pending called The Sounding.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by. I collect poetic moments, in these forms. Glad you enjoyed them. Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. So profound and very clever. well done Best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pete. Thank you for your kind words and sparing a moment for my work! All the best Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph I very much enjoyed your "Poetry", especially the one about your father's slippers. I can relate to that one as my dear Father rests in peace. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene for your encouragement. Best wishes Ralph.

      Delete
  5. Ralph,
    I enjoyed reading this collection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ntchindi, poetry is made for sharing! All the best, Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed all of these Ralph, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete