Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Whiff of Spring--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

A Whiff of Spring

Spring comes in:
trees, wild flowers and blades
of grass fill my nostrils.
I rejoice that Nature is retrieving
its path from winter’s ice and snow…
My heart is stirred
by the colorful embroider
of butterfly wings and the hum
of bees in clover fields…
I echo from my heart a praise
that I am here once more
to celebrate the season
I love so much.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

4 comments:

  1. Dear John thanks for sharing Uniquely written "A Whiff of Spring"
    I love the coverage, beginning with winter’s ice and snow,
    graduating to spring growth, aroma, and exciting glow.
    Nice piece of work. Great to read.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John,
    Welcome reminder of what lies ahead. You increase our sense of expectation.
    Thank you,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,
    Spring is my favorite season. So many beautiful things come from spring, many of which you mention ion this poem.
    Keep writing gems like these.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear John and Friends,

    John is quite the talented poet. I'm glad to see you enjoyed his poem. I will send your comments to him. Wishing you all the best with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete