Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Exposed Stars--By Sara Kendrick--United States

Exposed Stars

Cool and crisp eve lighted by exposed stars
A nearly full moon, a quiet that's ours
Through dark bare limbs of silhouetted oak
Moments thinking of our time to part

Will the hands of midnight soon stroke
And one of us wear the mourning cloak?
Alas, my love let's together depart
To the Son lit city by His call evoke

Our night love flowing from an open heart
Let's enter our night that work of love's art
Come into the twilight let's slowly walk
Into night's dwelling never to depart

Sara Kendrick married young and had a family soon after. After her last child went to school, she decided to pursue her GED. A gentlemen who worked with the GED program encouraged her to enroll in college.  She worked part time and cared for her family in addition to her studies. She graduated from Mercer University. Several years ago, after a health crisis, she started writing poetry. 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    What lovely poem; artistically written with beautiful imagery and feeling under those "exposed stars". I enjoyed reading your poetry today; thank you for sharing it with us.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,

      Thanks for the visit to my page..I appreciate the time spent there reading and commenting on my work..I hope that this is a great day for you..

      Sara

      Delete
  2. Sara, what a wonderful poem defining the many feelings and expressions under the stars. It is such a pleasure to read you here on Whispers! A blessing indeed! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri,

      Thanks for the visit by my work and taking time to read and comment..I appreciate you doing so..I hope that this is a great day for you..

      Sara

      Delete
  3. Hi Sara. Blessings to you! Thank you for sharing this delightful poem. I enjoyed it.

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maurice,

      Thanks for the visit by my page and taking time to leave a comment about my poem..

      Sara

      Delete
  4. Hello Sara, thank you for sharing your talent here on Whispers and for such a lovely poem. I trutly enjoyed it.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene,

      Thanks for the visit to my poem and taking time to comment on my work..

      Sara

      Delete
  5. Hi Sara....midnight will come for all of us when our turn arrives...hopefully we will be ready to depart in style! Enjoyed your write. // paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      Thanks for the visit by my poem and taking time to read and comment..I appreciate you doing so..Have a great day..

      Sara

      Delete
  6. This is a truly lovely love poem, Sara. I can relate so totally to it. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam,

      Thanks for the visit by my poem and taking time to read and comment..I hope that this has been a great day for you..

      Sara

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following--

    Sara - love this thoughtful write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,

      Thanks for the visit by my work and taking the time to read and comment on my work..Have a great day..

      Sara

      Delete