Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Spring--By Molly Moore--United States

Spring

As the sweet, balmy breezes stroke my face
And the budding green leaves shed winter's last trace
As the crocus emerges, and the birds start to sing
My heart comes alive to the dawning of spring.

The sun rises earlier to light the day
And I find myself walking a livelier way
Hope's peeking out the cloud it was under
The stirrings of new life have earth all awonder.

I'll perhaps climb a mountain, or bound a stream
Or ride the wild horses I saw in a dream
Cartwheel through the meadow in joyful fling
I can do anything - after all, it's spring!

Molly Moore returned to Hawaii after completing her nursing education in Seattle, Washington. Perhaps her previous career as an international flight attendant is what launched Molly’s "flights of fancy" into poetry. A love of rhythm and rhyme sparks her creative side, especially while outdoors in nature.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Molly,
    Great thoughts about spring,
    I love the positive flow of your words.
    Spring reads very exciting through you.
    Yancy

    ReplyDelete