Update--11/14/2016 (see below)
2. Send one of the three following:
---1 poem 20 lines or less
---up to 5 haiku/senryu (please make sure to clearly identify that separate poems are being submitted)
---up to 3 tanka (see above)
---for people that are not poets, 1 short paragraph of encouragement will be considered
Writers are eligible for publication every other month.
3. You may include a bio of 4-5 lines written in third person style. See “Living Wings” published January 15, 2013 for an example. A bio is not necessary for publication.
4. No profanity, erotica, violence or other derogatory writing will be accepted.
5. Whispers reserves the right to select poetry based on the goal stated at the end of the guidelines.
6. Spiritual poetry is welcomed but the editor would like to have a variety of pieces that will uplift and inspire readers. Humor is appreciated.
7. Children’s poetry is appreciated. Parent permission is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before sending.
8. Poetry will be published along the left margin for consistency. Please keep that in mind when submitting.
9. Preferred method of submission is to send poetry as a works document or in the body of an email with your name and country. Please email your submission to Karen O’Leary at email@example.com If you would rather submit by snail mail, please email Karen for her address. You may email her with any questions you may have.
10. I hope you also participate by commenting on others’ writing.
In this challenging time for many, it is the hope that Whispers will connect people in a way that is supportive, encouraging and inspiring to others. Thank you for considering being a part of this community.