Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mirth--By Sara Kendrick--United States

Mirth

The chartreuse green tassels quietly fall
Stately oaks release their blossoms to the cool damp earth
Dew glitters like diamonds upon the spring grass so tall
Stillness and quiet suddenly awakened by mirth
Serenaded by birds and bees whose love is birthed

Butterflies' cocoons await the right time
To kiss or taste a new blossom  that shines 
Then they'll split forth and out will climb
Upon parsley, meadow rue, or daisies dine
Spring's the time for butterflies, and flowers to align

Sara Kendrick married young and had a family soon after. After her last child went to school, she decided to pursue her GED. A gentlemen who worked with the GED program encouraged her to enroll in college.  She worked part time and cared for her family in addition to her studies. She graduated from Mercer University. Several years ago, after a health crisis, she started writing poetry. 

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Sara, welcome to Whispers! Thanks for such a lovely word painting clear down to the lovely butterflies! Hope to read more of you in the future! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking to time to read and comment about my poem..I appreciate the time spent there..

      Sara

      Delete
  2. Welocme to Whispers Sara, such a beautiful Nature poem, so creative language and imagery. Who doesn't love a butterfly. Thanks for joining us here on Whispers. Robert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert,

      Thanks for the visit to my poem, reading and taking time to comment..The time spent there is much appreciated..

      Sara

      Delete
  3. Welcome to Whispers, Sara. You have definitely made an impression upon my poetic senses with "Mirth." Butterflies are my favorite creatures, so you had me hooked from the start. I loved reading and meditating upon this. Thanks for sharing and continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maurice,

      Thanks for the visit by my poem and taking the time to stop, read, and comment..It is very much appreciated.

      Sara

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, butterflies and rainbows are among my favorite things to read about and your
    lovely poem did God's creations justice. I loved the imagery you created. I am looking forward to reading more of your poems. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us here on Whispers.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene,

      Thanks for the visit to my page and taking time to comment.. I appreciate you taking time to do so..

      Sara

      Delete
  6. Hi Sara welcome to whispers !

    This is a very beautiful poem on one of my favourite subjects I loved every line !
    You have captured spring perfectly !

    I look forward to your next poem !

    Write On You Write Well

    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George,

      Thanks so much for reading and taking time to comment on my work..I appreciate you doing so..

      Sara

      Delete
  7. Dear Sara,
    I love your creative imagery of spring! I, too, have always felt dew glimmers like diamonds as the morning sun rises. Nature has many gems and you have paid homage to many of them. Awesome write, my friend!
    Love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the visit to my poem on Whispers..I appreciate you reading and taking time to comment..Sara

    ReplyDelete