Sunday, April 27, 2014

Silently I Walked--By Rick Parise--United States

Silently I Walked

Silently    I walked
upon the dawn of day
remembering the time we spent      
as the sun climbed away

With subtle hints of spring
blossoming buds lined the way
I roamed through endless woods
dreaming of yesterday

Twenty years have passed
and I still recall our song
of endless love and laughter
oh    how I long
__________________________

Beneath the mighty cottonwood
in thought    I lie alone
with all the things I should have done
now    forever etched in stone

Rick Parise, known as “A Pondering Poet”, is from the beautiful land of Salem, Oregon.  The main focus of his poetry is to take the reader to a meaningful, personal time in their lives, to a place where spirit's are touched and memories unwind. He hopes you enjoy his work. To Contact Rick please email him at rapondering@yahoo.com

7 comments:

  1. Rick, how I love the tone of your melancholy and heartfelt poem. To be known as the "pondering poet" seems quite the compliment as it is the pondering that strongly comes through in your words. I guess there will always be some decisions we make of which we are regretful, but then again, it is all we live that makes us who we are. Your "pondering" is beautifully touching and we, at Whispers are so fortunate to read your words and to be affected by recalling and reminiscing. Thank you for sharing such depth! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rick,

    Many readers will relate to this poem. We often have lost dreams that are carried heavily in our hearts as we yearn for days past. It's sad to think that the things you should have done are "forever etched in stone." Still, I know how difficult it is to move forward. Your poem touched my heart. Beautifully written!

    Love,
    Carolyn

    It's great to read your work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick. Your purpose of "taking the reader to a meaningful, personal time in our life," was definitely accomplished here with "Silently I Walked." I certainly can relate to this gifted piece of poetic art, and these are they types of memories that are so precious, brought about by the pen of amazing poets like yourself. Thank you for sharing this. Continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poem Rick. I like the flow, the rhyme and the ease in which it is read. And, yet, there is mystery here - that does indeed, leave me pondering. I wonder, is the etched stone a grave marker? Does the narrator lie alone because his love lies beneath that stone? Is this poem about the memory of a passed lover (20 years passed) sprinkled with regret that he should have done more with or for her? Maybe I am reading this totally wrong - but that is what I got from it - and, I kind of like the thought in that. Even if I have totally misinterpreted your intended meaning - I still like your poem. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick,
    what a beautiful heartfelt poem! Thank you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, your ponderings are well appreciated here on Whispers by me. Thank you for a well written wonderful poem that touched my soul. We must surely cherish every splendid moment with have with our loved ones and let that memory be etched in our hearts forever. I truly enjoyed the read.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete