Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Surrounded--By Sandra Stefanowich--Canada

Surrounded

My friend, close your eyes
let those wings take flight
dance freely among fireflies
put a flame to fear tonight

for when helpless hands
can't seem to move in time
dear, hear me in the winds
of a beating heart's chime

what a universe will bestow
in your faith held so strong
is hope in a calm river aglow
and a night's whisper in song

Born in Toronto, Ontario, Sandra Stefanowich is a self-taught writer. She has been writing off and on since an early age. Most of her writing revolves around what she sees in everyday life, nature and her concerns about mankind. She enjoys reading, writing, hiking, animals and photography. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sandra,
    What a beautiful poem that greets me this morning. I love the superb rhyme scheme that is not forced. But, I love most of all your poetic message of love's endearing constancy and "a night's whisper in song."
    In gratitude . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem Sandra! Delightful to read! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see you writing again, my friend, and what a beauty it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Give me a call. I have the same number. Miss you
    Bonnie Hubbard

    ReplyDelete