Tuesday, November 28, 2017

1924-2017--By Richard Sponaugle--United States

1924-2017

I’m grateful to my mother
Unlike any other
For mom gave me life
And saw me through the strife
Of growing up and goofing up
Not even a newborn pup,
Could match my mother’s love
I thank the Lord above
That she lived to 93
Yet her death still haunts me

A prolific poet and songwriter, Richard Sponaugle has been published (and rejected.)  He was born on April 20, 1960 in Maryland and raised in Northern Virginia.  He has a BA from George Mason University.  He has worked many years as a postal clerk in Alexandria, Virginia.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Richard, the love for and from parents can be a bliss in life. Off course the missing hurts but the loving memory exists in the little chamber in your heart.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely tribute to a very special lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Inge and Jack,

    Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on Richard's tribute to his mother. I will send him your thoughts.

    Dear Rick,

    Again, accept my sympathy for your loss. Thank you for sharing this lovely tribute to her.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete