Friday, November 24, 2017

Gratitude to the Warrior Spirit--By Barbara Tate--United States

Gratitude to the Warrior Spirit

A primal urge created on the fourth day
the warrior spirit disarms the quiet.
His heartbeat like a drumbeat
releases fears in the center
of my own Nebula.     mitakuye oyasin*

*“Mitakuye Oyasin”, it's a Lakota salutation meaning “All My Relations” or “We are All Related”—as researched by Inge Wesdijk (Daginne Aignend)

Barbara Tate is an award-winning artist and writer.  A member of the Haiku Society of America her work has been published in Modern Haiku, Frogpond, Santa Fe Literary Review, The Heron's Nest & Failed Haiku among many others.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much--your comment means more to me than you'll ever know.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Barbara, for your inspiring poem!

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the image "disarms the quiet."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoyed writing this poem particularly because it's tied in with my heritage.

      Delete