Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Thief of Dreams--By Alicja Maria Kuberska--Poland

Thief of Dreams

I was silent, smiling, undemanding.
You did not expect that I would take without consent.
I was too close, and everything was within the reach of my hand.

Like a thief, I stole your glances and loneliness.
Your thoughts, I tied in a myriad of knots, creating a dense net,
And from dreams, I wove a gentle curve of a woman’s figure.

I stoked the spark of passion in your eyes, and a fire erupted.
I wrapped us in a sweet scent of flowers in my hair
And we glided towards many, distant nights.

Day has no right to enter the precipitous depth.
It is a place, in which the contours of black shadows fall asleep.
Only at the bottom of the abyss, can dreams and starlight be seen.

You are from Mars, I am from Venus.
Far planets are the bright points on a firmament of tenderness.
Our words and hands attract to the force of gravity of life.  

Alicja Maria Kuberska – awarded Polish poetess, novelist, journalist, editor - she writes both Polish and English. She has been published in numerous anthologies and magazines worldwide. Alicja is a member of the Polish Writers Associations in Warsaw, Poland and IWA Bogdani, Albania, she's also a member of director's board of Soflay Literature Foundation.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Alicja,

    Thank you for your wonderful poem, a joy to read.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alicja,
    the beauty of your poem has charmed me; a prose poem full of rhythms and rhyms. Wonderful imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicja. I enjoyed your poetry. Thank you for sharing it with us here at Whispers. Continued blessings to you!

    MJ (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous set of images that you weave into a story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Alicja,

    What a joy to see that you have so many comments on your insightful poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us. Best wishes with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicja,
    A beautiful poem. A wonderful job!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting piece, thanks for sharing it and welcome to Whispers.

    ReplyDelete