Saturday, February 2, 2013

Catch 22--By Brian Strand--England

Catch 22

a window pane shatters

nobody makes a home run

Poetry Form--Spaces: 
Spaces is an Imagist form with an 'unwritten middle line', left to the reader's
imagination to complete.


Brian Strand has created short poetic forms including 'broken monoku' (a
haiku variation) and 'footle' (a trochaic monometer with witty, topical, etc themes)
and Captioned Cartoon, an Ekphrasis combining his art and poetic interests. He has published a seven kindle ebook series Poetic forms; A Strand of Verse; My Choice Strand Verse; A Strand Guide; Christianity Explained; A Strand critique; and Captioned Cartoon Ekphrasis. Brian has written nearly 200 Amazon reviews and is a Wiki poetry and art editor.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Brian -

    Upon second reading, I am enchanted.

    Lame fill in.......

    No RBI's, empty bases

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reading you again Brian -
    my imagination would be...

    Everyone runs and hides!

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy and Rhoda thank you.This is perhaps my favourite imagist form as it fulfills the essence of poetry with the reader participating with the poet to complete it, thereby making it 'an experience itself' analogous to a Rothko painting .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this type of poem before, enchanting. I think I would say . . . children scatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Andrea Dietrich for the following comment--

    For Brian: Wow, I LOVE this little poem!! You have said so much in so little space, and I know that is something you try to achieve with a lot of your poetry. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Brian,

    Thank you for all the kind comments you left for other writers today. You are such a talented writer and have always been willing to teach others new poetry forms. It is a blessing to have you a part of the Whispers community.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brian, beautiful work so much can be indicated in so few words... Tried going by on you tube and whilst I can listen to you and read which is wonderful I cannot comment there at present as for some reason my page for all indication boxes is written for me in some foreign language I don't recognise and I need someone to put it back to English somehow... Hope you understand this is making life veery difficult as I need youtube use too! Take care and keep the pen flowing.

    ReplyDelete