Thursday, November 3, 2016

Earth’s Last Chance--a Poet Speaks--By James Marshall Goff--United States

Earth’s Last Chance--a Poet Speaks

I don't want to say goodbye

I want to say I tried

I leave you with these prayers

These ashes that I see, that haunt me in my dreams
Must be the dreams that burn
The change your hearts will feel
The water that you drink
The food you choose to eat
Can change the path we take
I know you're only one
I put these words in ink
One poet's only wish

Is that I show the world
The change begins with me

I sing for all to hear, it's not too late to act
Tho devastation is at hand, the tide can
slowly change, if each of you can see

The choices that you make
Will thunder 'round the world

James Marshall Goff brings a fresh voice from Minnesota, from the crashing waves of Lake Superior, to the drumbeat in his heart for social justice. James doesn't flinch in his ability to encourage his readers to feel & reflect on his words, .....even act.

8 comments:

  1. Hear, hear, James! Well done! Maybe poets CAN save the world....I'd like to help you try to do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound advice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James,
    Someone has to save this tumultuous world. Why not poets? Welcome to the Whispers website, and please kep posting!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jim,

    Your timely poem with its message that speaks out, with the hope of making the world better in the things we can do. It is so good to have you at Whispers, my friend. Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time spend here.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear James,
    Thank you for sharing your love of earth. Surely this message should work itself in the fabric of many lives.
    With gratitude,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. James, We never know what effect our words will have on others. I have found this to be very true. There is wisdom in your words my friend. My father and brother are named James. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful poem, James. A very passionate and thought-provoking piece. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete