Tuesday, November 1, 2016

There the Sun Burns--By Colleen Keller Breuning--United States

There the Sun Burns

There is a place that I call home
Where my nomadic spirit roams
Far and away in spring twilight
And there the sun burns crimson bright.

I long to sleep on clouds afar
Ascend the moon and rising stars
Beyond cold mountain’s fading light
And there the sun burns crimson bright.

No soul to sell, nor mysteries
Within the depths of azure seas
Will cool the flames of heart’s delight
And there the sun burns crimson bright.

There is a place that I call home
And there the sun burns crimson bright.

Colleen Keller Breuning is a poet and photographer who was born and raised in Maryland. She currently resides in Purcellville, Virginia. Her poetry, short stories and photography have been published in a variety of print and online magazines during the past decade. Her first poetry book, Shadows of My Father, was a tribute to her father and published in 2011. She is currently working on her second book of poetry, along with assorted photography projects. She participates in several online writing groups. In addition to poetry and photography, she loves nature, music, cats and wine (not necessarily in that order).

5 comments:

  1. Dear Colleen
    Thank you for your There the Sun Burns. I enjoy the delightful rhyme and gentle cadence you have created. BTW: I join you in liking cats. I have a calico named Zara.
    Please send more of your wonderful creations.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Whispers, Colleen. Your delightful poem is a pleasure to read aloud. The 3rd stanza, especially the 1st 2 lines, give a lot to think about. Makes me long for home too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I long to sleep on clouds afar..."
    This 2nd stanza really hits it out of the park, Colleen! Love when a poet sends my imagination to places hard to put in ink...Bly, from here in Minnesota, Bill Holm too, generate such magic...good work! James Marshall Goff (jim)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you connect spirit to the clouds and stars. This is a really beautiful poem Colleen. It is so nice to read your work. Welcome to Whispers. Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem, Colleen. I especially enjoyed the second stanza. What a delight. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (wwww.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete