Saturday, January 26, 2013

Failed Marriage--By Jack Horne--England

Failed Marriage

I can't believe we're really through;
I truly thought the world of you.
I knew she'd take your love away,
But prayed I'd win you back some day.
She planned it from the very start,
And shrugged about my broken heart.
The gods don't care about my plight:
I begged the heavens, 'Put things right.'
To live without your love is hell;
I'll die without you now as well.
How can I look for someone new?
I can't get over losing you…

Jack Horne enjoys reading and writing poetry.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Joyce Johnson for the following comment--

    For Jack: Your poem is so heartfelt and so sad. I am so sorry. Maybe writing about it will help. Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad words, but time does heal a broken heart. Have faith!

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jack,

    Thank you for sending so many wonderful comments for others here at Whispers. It is encouraging people like you that make the site possible. Blessings to you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Andrea Dietrich for the following comment--

    For Jack: Knowing you as dear friend, I can really appreciate the heart of you in this small captivating poem. I just love all your poetry, jack, because of your succinct and clever style.
    Please never stop writing because I will never stop reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack, a heartfelt poem. Well written, will look forword to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jack,

    Such a heartfelt poem from you Jack, you know you're in my thoughts my friend. I hope with some time it will help heal those wounds.

    Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read your work again Jack.You can hear me read one of my latest style on youtube here http://youtu.be/GiD8JdYi-jw. Best wishes with your writing Rgds Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, John W. (Bill) Williams, for the following comment:

    A heart stirring poem, filled with deep emotion. Very good. Touched me. Thank you for the comments on my poem.

    ReplyDelete