Thursday, January 31, 2013

History -making Victory--By Ndaba Sibanda--Saudi Arabia

History -making Victory

She was agonizingly close
To winning the race when
Things started going haywire
They really played games on her
Some said her game was up
Many had written her off
Others said she was history

But they had to swallow their
Spoken-too soon convictions
She turned the tables on
Those sticky things and at the
End hers was not only history
But also a simple sweet victory

Ndaba Sibanda is a Zimbabwean-born writer. His poems, essays and
short stories have been published in Africa and the USA. Ndaba
currently lives and teaches in Saudi Arabia. Of his career, he
says, "writing is my life, and my second wife".

8 comments:

  1. Dear Ndaba,

    Thank you for sharing your poem and for commenting on others' poems. It is kind of you and greatly appreciated by me. It is a key to the vision that I have for the site. Hope you enjoy Whispers. Glad to have you with us.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, time permitting ,it is always a pleasure and a privilege to read other poets` works of art because l learn from them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Andrea Dietrich for the following comment--

    For Ndaba: A writer I've only recently gotten to know, Ndaba, it's a pleasure to see more of your poetry. I think you are a skilled poet and I hope to see more and more of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, thank you so much for the interest shown in my pieces and for the words of encouragement. l have followed and relished your poetry as well.

      Delete
  3. Ndaba, this is the first time I have read anything written by you. I enjoyed this poem. Will be watching to see what else you post here.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Debra. l think l should up my game now that someone else is watching whatever l post! Thanks, for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Barbara Siekierski,for the following comment--

    Good imagination! A good poem about a horse winning a race, keeps the reader informed on what is going on until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loud applause on this one. Do not give up your game; you play it so well. I agree with Andrea, your poetry shines.

    xxx's
    ooo's
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete