Monday, January 28, 2013

Perfection!?--By Richard Sponaugle--United States

Perfection!?

I thought I was polite -
if a tad patronizing -
each time someone begged my pardon;
I said if I were perfect I’d be mad!
But this is a paradox:
perfect people wouldn’t get mad.
My imperfect mind wanders…
A baseball pitcher throws a ‘perfect game’,
by getting 27 straight batters out.
But no one strikes out all 27,
none avoids throwing balls and bad pitches.
Is perfection found only in Heaven,
or in the starry eyed souls
of starving poets?

Richard Sponaugle was born 4-20-60 in Maryland and raised in Northern Virginia.  He received a BA from George Mason University.  A prolific poet and songwriter, he has been published in many venues. 

4 comments:

  1. Delightful perspective on life as you see it! I look forward to reading more of your interesting thoughts...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rick and Rhoda,

    Thank you for your effort to help make Whispers a writing community to support others. Blessings to both of you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, I believe have I read your work before. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments for Rick. He is a talented writer. I'm glad you enjoyed his poem. I will be sending these comments by mail to Rick.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete