Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!--By Jane Richer--Canada

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

The weather outside is dreadful,
And believe me I have a head full,
I’ll give my nose another blow,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I really must look a dreadful sight,
This cold has me up for the night,
I have no will to watch a show,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I’ve cooked, but have no appetite,
I really couldn’t stomach a single bite,
Rudolph and my nose are all aglow,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

My car is buried in a snowdrift,
And there's no one here to give me a lift,
So without some Kleenex I must go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

The Sasquatch and I don’t really care,
If you see us both with tangled hair,
Bad tasting medicine my common foe,
So let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Jane Richer is a poet and writer who lives in Alberta, Canada
and is so far published only online. She loves to poke fun at herself
and rather likes to write tongue-in-cheek poetry but she will dabble
in all kinds of genres to widen her creative nature. She loves to 'sister'-
(write a complimentary poem) and feels that is the greatest form of
acknowledgment and respect in expression for another poet's talent.

9 comments:

  1. Delightful reading - but, I must say, you can have all the snow. Well, it isn't too bad now that I am retired and can view it out my window. A joy reading your light and airy poetry. LI, NY sends you a wave...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rhoda and Debra I love to write poetry and I do look outside and see snow, snow, snow but here in Alberta, Canada it is most common to see snow for several months of the year. People here are most hardy and even camp in this kind of weather, haha; they want to have as much summer as possible even if it bleeds into winter. Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jane,

    Thank you so much for all the comments you left to encourage others today. It is kind and thoughtful people like you that will make Whispers the supportive environment I hope it will be.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome, Karen and I am pleased to see that Whispers is attracting a wonderful dish of spicy writers to it. I will be commenting on more poets sometime later today or this week! Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Andrea Dietrich for the following comment--

    For Jane R. : Jane, this is cute and funny. I like to write this way sometimes too and I can really appreciate when I see poets using this style. Write on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Barbara Siekierski,for the following comment--

    Cute poem! Shows imagination. I picture the person with the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops so sorry that I only now found these two other commenters of my winter poem; thank you Andrea and Barbara for your wonderful comments. Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jane -

    You make me laugh and sing. Maybe we've had our last snow for the year (ha ha), but my cold lingers on.

    love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete