Thursday, January 24, 2013

Who Cares?--By Helen Dowd--Canada

WHO CARES?
Psalm 142

I cried, "Oh Lord, please help me.
Please come and rescue me.
My enemy is waiting.
He's set a snare for me.

My spirit is so troubled.
My friends have fled away.
I looked around for refuge--
A place my head to lay.

There was no one to help me.
There was no one to care.
I turned to God my Savior.
He heard my desperate prayer.

My foe may still be present--
And stronger far than I--
Yet I'm no longer frightened,
For God, the Lord, is nigh.

He's wrapped His arms around me.
In Him I now can hide.
I'll ever sing His praises,
For He will be my Guide.

David's prayer from his cave.
See also I Samuel 22:1

Helen Dowd enjoys spending time at her computer, along side her husband of 55 years, writing poetry, story poems, stories about pets and life in general, as well as inspirational and Bible stories. She is a caregiver for her husband and sister, two dogs, three cats and 2 Oranda fish…Email address: helenmdowd@shaw.ca

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, nice to meet you. Thank you for your kind comment. I enjoyed reading your poem today and the message within it. I hope to read more of your work in the coming year.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandra! I really appreciate all the comments you are leaving here at Whispers. Helen is a talented and prolific writer. It is so nice having both of you here sharing your words. Blessings to both of you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joyce Johnson for the following comment--

    Helen Dowd Beautifully written. I felt as though I had opened my Old Testaments to the Psalms. Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete