Thursday, August 8, 2013

Autumn Colors--By Joyce Johnson--United States

Autumn Colors

Golden yellow, streaks of scarlet
Blended by a Master's hand.
No Monet with its soft blandness
Could reflect what God has planned.
Purple, oranges, reds and gold,
Autumn comes with colors bold.

Summer's packing up her greenery,
As she's hurried on her way
By brave Autumn changing scenery
Before Winter comes to stay.
Chocolate browns and brilliant reds
Closing down the flower beds.

Joyce Johnson lives in the beautiful Skagit Valley of Washington State. She owns a small farm and rents her land to a bulb grower. She is surrounded by beauty in the spring from the tulips and daffodils that inspire much of her poetry. Joyce will celebrate her 95th birthday in July of 2013.

7 comments:

  1. I love Autumn and your poetry reminded me again about how special that season is. The colors are fabulous and the temperature nice and cool - my type of season for sure!

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen Dowd, for the following comment--

    Hello Karen...Tell Joyce Johnson that I just LOVE her poem, "Autumn Colors." It is MY kind of poetry, painting a picture with words that one can truly relate to. Autumn is my favourite time of year. I wrote a poem about Autumn too. I know I can't put it into Whispers, as I have already entered a poem. But if Joyce would like to exchance emails with me, I would love to hear from her....
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Christine Tate, for the following comment--

    "My favorite season happens to be autumn, and your lovely, descriptive poem paints a vivid picture for me of God's spectacular handiwork on display! Beautiful time of year, an awesome sight for human eyes. Thanks for the inspiration Joyce."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce,

    Fall is my favorite season as well and I enjoyed reading your poem this evening. I loved your last two lines I had never thought of Fall that way before - lovely!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jack Horne,for the following comment--

    Joyce-love this, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Carolyn Devonshire, for the following comment--

    Dear Joyce, I love the way you personify each season. Fall's "bold" colors make it my favorite season. In Florida, fall is usually the nicest time of the year. You gave such a vivid (and a bit humorous) description of fall taking over where summer left off, only to be chased away later by old man winter. So glad to read your wonderful work again! Love you, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Connie Marcum Wong, for the following comment--

    Joyce, Joyce, your poetry never disappoints! I know it will
    be something I will enjoy reading as soon as I see your name
    attached to it. You are a master poet dear lady and I bow to
    your mastery! Mahalo, Connie

    ReplyDelete