Saturday, July 5, 2014

Job--By Tim Ryerson--United States

Job

And God answered Job from a howling hurricane
"Who is he who dares to cry and complain?
Who is he who dares to stray from his path?
Who questions and doubts me? Who kindles my wrath?
Stand now before me, I demand it of thee
Do you see in my future? Do you know what will be?
Your mind is too tiny to comprehend why!"
Job said, "My mouth will be shut, I cannot reply."

"I have spoken of things I do not understand
Things far too wonderful for one mortal man
Now mine eyes see the wonder of thy glorious light
Helpless before thee; I give up the fight
And fall on my knees as I know that I must
Face down; I repent in ashes and dust."

Tim Ryerson is a published poet from Ponchatoula, Louisiana who retired from the printing business in 2011. He began writing in the 80’s but did not take it seriously until 2001 after the untimely death of his then 21 year old son. He does not have a ‘signature'
but prefers writing different forms of poetry. Many of his poems use southern slang and Cajun dialect. He also enjoys writing humorous poems, especially limericks and senryu and was among the winners in the latest Humor Press writing contest with his entry “Emergency Rooms Just KILL me.”

5 comments:

  1. Jim, this is very well written and expressed. I admire one who can write from the bible or religious expressions from religious writings. I am impressed! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,

    I enjoyed reading your poetry today and there is a lot think upon of what written. Thank you for sharing your poetry with us.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following--

    Tim: what an awesome write this is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, thank you for this reminder that many things we go through pale in comparison to what Job and others go through. Nice write. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The greatness of God brought home to us. Beautifully expressed.
    Love,
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete