Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Bashful Neighbour--By John Polselli--United States

The Bashful Neighbour

Let’s roam the field of lavender
And meet the flower fairy who
Abides.  This tiny messenger
I’ve often seen while looking through
My window, yet when I pursue
In a flash she disappears
And through the purple petals peers.

Many times I’ve heard her singing
Sweet, a haunting melody
In the moon glow, gaily winging
As though she’ll have my company
Providing I remain discreet--
For otherwise a sure retreat.

But now I see her by the pool;
She stares at her reflection there.
So softly we must tread, yet, fool
I am to think we shall not scare
Away this elemental fair.
Still, let us try to win her trust--
Our bashful neighbour of August.

John Polselli’s poetry has been published in many literary journals and is the recipient of several Editor’s Choice Awards.  As a poet, John enjoys composing in all traditional forms including free verse as well as inventing his own.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I dread to think of August! I hope to meet your little Munchkin and I will beg her to prolong July! On my website I could add so much to your poem, visually, that is! It is very enticing, imaginative and creative! Wonderful to read you here on Whispers and hope you will visit my webpage someday...... Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly wonderful write friend. much enjoyed. Well done. best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John,

    It good to see your already have two wonderful comments on your creative and well-written poem. Welcome to Whispers! I know you will enjoy getting all your comments when I send them to you next month. Thank you for being a part of our growing online journal/poetry community.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. This is Stacy Savage. Could you let John know about the nature poetry anthology I'm working on and tell him I would love to include his lovely poem? Please also let him know that the proceeds from the book will go to Wolf Creek Habitat. The deadline for submissions was June 30, but I just read his poem and thought it would make a perfect addition to the anthology. I am going to try and have the book published sometime next month.

      Delete
  4. Hi John,

    Welcome to Whisper's! I enjoyed reading your delightfully creative poem this evening. I also liked the imagery you created so the reader could visualize your poem. Thank you for sharing this lovely poem with us.

    Sandra Stefanowich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Welcome to Whispers. I enjoyed reading your poem. It is well-written and artistic, plus, it has a story to tell. Thank you for sharing it with us. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Step softly and lightly in the coming days of August....
    The Fae will dance in the night and sing in the day....
    Wonderful in every way, John....
    There's a richness to your words that all...enjoyed!
    Brightest Blessings to you and yours!
    ~Dena

    ReplyDelete