Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Strength--By Douglas L. Ace--United States

My Strength

There is a calling
to the inner depths of me
when I look at the
majesty of Your mountains.
Quiet and serene, they still me
as I am reminded once again, of You.
You who spoke
these mountains into existence
and are my Strength.
          AND
The Strength of those who
safely trust in, lean into
and rely upon and
confide in
YOU.

Douglas L. Ace is a freelance writer from Stroudsburg, PA. His poetry can be found
on such sites as Poetry Soup and Triond. He released his first book of poems in 2009, titled Reflections On The Way, published by Publish America. Douglas continues to write poetry and short stories which are entered in his journals.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Douglas. That is the second time this morning that I have been reminded to be still...
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Douglas,

    It's good to see you already have a comment from Maureen and that she found something in her poem that touched her. That is what writing really is about, communicating with others. Thank you for sharing your lovely poem with us. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Douglas, Wonderful poem! When observing God's creation I stand in awe!! His signature is everywhere yet so many cannot see it. The Lord sustains me daily. Thanks for sharing your poem. ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the power and majesty of this poem. I could visualize all the grandeur that God has provided for us on this Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Douglas, I love the strength and faith in this write as it gives credence and humility where it should go.......... beautifully written! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Douglass, thank you for this beautiful poem. I really needed this. So glad you chose to share "My Strength" with us. It is good to be reminded where our strength comes from. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, welcome to Whispers....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Douglas,
    What a truly inspirational poem! I loved it and welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Douglas,

    I enjoyed the depth of your work..The spiritual content was uplifting..

    I am glad that I chose it to read today..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Douglas,

    Welcome to Whispers and thank you for sharing this uplifting poem on how the beauty of nature can strengthen our faith in God.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poem speaks to me as a kindred spirit Douglas. Engaging and beautiful is your talent! Blessings for a lovely holiday, Connie

    ReplyDelete