Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Hint Of You--By Pam Murray--Canada

The Hint Of You

The stillness of the leaves became a shadow,
I waited for the earth to sing its song
And felt the summer heat begin its fading
As hints of autumn moved the day along.

I searched for words that could express my feelings
As time turned into memory once more
But blankness touched the book I’d hoped to write in
And silence seemed to block the artist’s door.

I reached into my dreams and saw you dancing
Through a rain swept forest just at dawn
And felt my spirit join you on your journey.
The hint of you stays with me though you’re gone.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind.  Writing and crocheting are her passions.

13 comments:

  1. love that last line - 'the hint of you stays with me though you've gone'
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen. I lost my husband and my eldest sister in the same year and that is where the line comes from.

      Pam

      Delete
  2. So much transition, even as the writer remains stationary, observing...
    Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you Michael. Yes, somehow I still retain the rhythm of my writing through times of major transition for me.

      Pam

      Delete
  3. I love the mind's eye of the writer and this write is no exception. What you see, or what the writer and/or poet sees, is so creative and very creatively expressed! There is so very much in one moment! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri,

      I am very touched by your complimentary words of support. :)

      Pam

      Delete
  4. Powerful and moving. A well-written, welcomed read. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maurice,

      Writing has been my lifeline through so many of Life's changes and challenges.

      Pam

      Delete
  5. Dear Pam,

    This poem really caught my eye and my heart; the stillness, searching for words, reaching for dreams and the last line puts it over the top. A tremendous write that is heartfelt and moving thank you for sharing this poem with us all.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very powerful and touching poem, with clear images and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam,

    I can feel the emotion and memory in this work..I am glad that I chose this one to read today..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pam:
    I always love to read your work. the rhythm of your words reflect a beautiful soul and
    beautiful visions I can elate to so well.
    This is my favorite part,"I reached into my dreams and saw you dancing
    Through a rain swept forest just at dawn"
    Thanks for inspiring me,
    Love,
    SuZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Pam, Your poem is so moving and uplifting in the way you express the beauty of the seasons and the elements. Outstanding! Have a lovely holiday. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete