Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Lady, the Sun--By Wale Owoade--Nigeria

My Lady, the Sun

I followed dawn till morning eight
till it lost its reign to yellow beams
I love my lady when her yellow scarf
embellishes the day and the curtains
gleam with streaks of light, profuse
yellow stalks that burn earth with
passing splendour but I am love sick
when her thrills become spirits

spirits fetching drops from scalps
and foreheads, when kisses are like
burns on bald, yellow fetching drops
from black. But our love will birth
more blooming on earth, tassels
more yellow paints for corn leaves.

Wale Owoade is a Nigerian poet. His works have appeared or forthcoming in publications like: Radar Poetry Journal, The Lake Poetry Journal, The Bombay Review, Maple Tree Literary Supplement, Yellow Chair Review, Black Mirror Magazine, Eunoia Review, The Zoomoozophone Review, and many others. Wale is the Publisher and Managing Editor of EXPOUND: A Magazine of Arts and Aesthetics and is currently working on his debut manuscript.

8 comments:

  1. YES! Wonderful poem, Wale...such a delight to see it at Whispers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wale,

    Thank you for sharing your first solo poem for Whispers. It is so good to have you with us. Hope you enjoy your time spent here.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have presented such an eloquent piece. What a grandiose poem. I loved reading this tremendous poem here this evening. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura and Rusty for reading and appreciating the poem, Karen, I appreciate the publication of this poem, many thanks!

    Wale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Whispers, Wale. I enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wale,
    I loved the eloquence of this poem. Welcome to Whispers!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome poem Wale. I enjoyed reading every piece of it. I would like to read more of your poems

    ReplyDelete