Thursday, August 13, 2015

Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Taiwo Adetimole and Ajise Vincent-- Nigeria

Beyond Emotions

By Taiwo Adetimole and Ajise Vincent

I.

Wuraola, bones of my bones,
you whose beauty never fades
for at your pose men stare involuntarily.
Can you imagine your beauty is the gossip at the town square?

I.

My sweetheart, a dove amongst vultures,
a lily among thorns.
Thy smile not thy frown I want to see.
Wuraola, did I offend you again?

II.

Okiki, the finest of the Orchard.
my heart beats heavily.
Who has enchanted you with the fragrance of her perfume?
I'm dancing in fear.

I.

My darling bride, your cheeks are matched loveliness.
Wuraola, my heartbeat,
none as enchanted me and none can.
How fragrant your cologne.

II.

Look! I leaped upon hills,
ran through vineyards to be here.
Okiki, Prove thy Love, take me with you.
Seal me in your heart with permanent betrothal.

I.

Wuraola, How delightful I am,
surrendering my ears to your voice.
My heart lies in wait for you,
but life's pestilence has drilled holes in my pocket.

I. Okiki
II.Wuraola

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece, really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ajise and Taiwo! You already have one your creative collaborative poem. Welcome to Whispers! Thank you, both, for sharing the gift of words. Wishing you ongoing success.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations -- gorgeous, gorgeous work! -- Laura M Kaminski (Halima Ayuba)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Isha Wagner, for the following--

    A wondrous kind of poem extolling beauty : one wonders if it's love or lust or both. Whatever, it kindles a heart warmth and one understands so well the emotions we feel when observing what we consider to be breath-taking beauty. These poets deserve much praise.

    Yours sincerely
    Isha Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful collaboration. Enjoyed reading it very much. Much love from India..

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing piece of words with so much depth.
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your collaboration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful duet of emotions are set in this wonderful collaboration well done to you both may there be many more!

    A warm welcome to Whispers to you both

    Write On

    George

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely collaboration! Enjoyed reading your poem! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice poem, Taiwo and Ajise. It blends very well and displays your talent. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taiwo and Ajise,
    I liked this very much. Good job!
    ~Davidf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great emotional content also vivid descriptions of devotion..'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely story, with humour and romance - Well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little I know of Nigerian poetry is supplied by Ken Saro-Wiwa and Ben Okri. It's nice to hear such fresh and original voices from there :-)

    ReplyDelete