Saturday, August 8, 2015

Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Beth Winchcombe and Jack Horne--England

The Natural Pathway

By Beth Winchcombe and Jack Horne

She walks in peace
through a garden of memories
filled with quietness.
Calm and serenity
move with her.

Droplets of moisture
touch her face...
...as she moves in grace.

Early morning mist
clothe bare branches.
They part as she passes
through the clinging cobwebs!

The stillness of the day
will evaporate between
sunrise and sunset.

Early morning quiet erupts,
noise again prevails...
...she lives through another day.

He loves nocturnal still,
the garden lit by stars and moon,
each tree in shadow stands,
each flower waits for sunrise soon.

He walks the starlit path,
the sounds of insects on the wing,
as scented jasmine fills
the air, and birds begin to sing.

He sees the glow of dawn,
the bars of light that stain the sky;
he longs for dark again,
and bids the fading moon goodbye.
It's time he went indoors;
the rays of sunshine multiply.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Beth and Jack,

    I really like how you handled the collaboration. It works so well, and your details are nicely chosen.

    Best,

    Marianne Szlyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth and Jack,
    I liked the entire poem, especially the second stanza!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! Sometimes I feel sad when I have little to say other than express admiration... Ah! At least, words should come to say how beautiful the work is... I might not have the right words but simply, I enjoyed this. Lovely lovely poem. I am going to read it at least two more times! Maybe I will change my mind after those reads, hee hee hee! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful poem my friends. You both have created a wonderful piece! I really enjoyed reading this glorious poem this evening. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words create a memorable picture. You each have intertwined your roles seamlessly. Thank you for sharing this
    Annie Jenkin, England

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to you all for your kind comments - much appreciated : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth & Jack. A lovely collaboration. Nice poem. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Beth Winchcombe, for the following--

    I would like to add my thanks to all who have read and enjoyed our collaborative poem. For my part I would love the world to feel calm and serene, peace reigning in far distant lands.

    Warm wishes,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Away from the bustle of daily life and strong sunlight, the calm and serenity of night come to serenade the soul. ~ A most beautiful and delightful collaboration, Beth & Jack! Well done! // paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came late to this, but I have been rewarded more than I could ask for.

    ReplyDelete