Friday, August 7, 2015

Vade Macum--By Beth Winchcombe--England

Vade Macum

Her hand shook
she clutched the book
fingered the pages
gently placed
it in her suitcase

She never travelled
alone
her treasured
companion
she valued
more than life itself

It rested on
her bedside shelf

She read a verse
each night
before sleep
transported her to
unconscious oblivion

It was her...
...Holy Bible

Beth Winchcombe is now a retired housewife and enjoys writing poetry, also painting in oils.  She lives in Derbyshire, England.

4 comments:

  1. and I thought it would be your Complete Works of Shakespeare...LOL. Lovely write, Owlie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have delighted me by your incredible writing endeavors. I surely loved reading this tremendous poem here this evening. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Beth Winchcombe, for the following--

    Would you please thank Rusty Sivey for his much appreciated comment on my poem...he's really touched my soul with his words.

    Also, thanks to Jack...and his wonderful sense of humour. He'll know what I mean by this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth...Wonderful poem! There is NO better companion than the Holy Bible. I can't live without mine. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt poem. I enjoyed reading it. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete