Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Link Therefore I Am--By Richard Sponaugle--United States

I Link Therefore I Am

I’m a loner,
and a drifter.
Mankind’s morals
disgust me more
each day and night.
But when I feed
birds in the park,
and read of a man
who kills boys,
I know I’m linked
to all mankind
by time and space;
but bound most
by the fact that all
God’s children sin.
The best of us
sin less and beg
for mercy more.

Richard Sponaugle was born 4-20-60 in Maryland and raised in Northern Virginia.  He received a BA from George Mason University.  A prolific poet and songwriter, he has been published in many venues. 

6 comments:

  1. I sure can relate to this. Well put
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, you have found the soul of who we are. It cannot be overlooked! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Richard,

    I think you have stated what most of us feel about the bad things happening in the world today as we wonder will it ever get better or keep getting worse? I keep hoping for better days. Well written, Richard, keep sharing your poetry.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Richard. A very nice and truthful poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments on Rick's creative and well-written poem. I will send the comments to him. Rick, it is so good to have you a part of Whispers. Best wishes with all your writing endeavors.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Richard,
    I like the uplifting ending of your poem. Good job!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete