Sunday, November 23, 2014

Yesterday’s Joys--By Andrea Dietrich--United States

Yesterday’s Joys

Yesterday’s joys are more than a few.
In my mind they reside endlessly
like bright recollections rosy in hue
or the notes of a sweet melody.

Sorrow and pain won’t burden me, for
yesterday’s joys are more than a few.
Rich in blessings, I’ll never be poor.
Happy memories carry me through.

The “good old days” end; along comes the new,
and so much of it also is sweet!
Yesterday’s joys are more than a few.
With the new ones, my soul is replete!

Sweet recollections never will cease,
for no matter what strife may ensue,
I know in the end, I will find peace.
Yesterday’s joys are more than a few!

Andrea Dietrich grew up in Iowa and now resides in Utah with a spouse and two cats. She has two grown children and six grandchildren. Having graduated BYU with a Spanish major/ESL minor, she has spent most of her adult life teaching. It wasn't until 2000 that she began writing in earnest and discovering her "niche" as a writer of lyrical poetry. The internet opened up a new world for her, and she has spent nearly a decade now participating in poetry clubs, acting as a judge of poetry contests for various magazines and for the website Shadow Poetry.

4 comments:

  1. I love your poem, Andrea, it is filled with life and love and beautiful imagery. It shares a humility of gratefulness in each day of life and living! Excellent poem! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely nostalgic write, my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the good ole days. Thank you for sharing this blessed write, Andrea. I really appreciated reading and meditating upon it. Continued blessings!
    Hi Jane. This is a unique and nicely-written poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories are shared in this sweet poem Andrea. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete