Saturday, February 10, 2018

My mobile phone--By Annie Jenkin--England

My mobile phone 

has found a new home,
now it nestles in the kelp
with its shy neighbours
starfish and hermit crab
who peek a look.
Too much Sangria
has addled my brain,
stumbling over pebbles
and sun-bleached bones,
I walk back to the sea
to listen to the message
a fish has saved for me. 

Annie Jenkin  lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

6 comments:

  1. tut tut, too much sangria, LOL. Sounds like you had a good holiday & it inspired a lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annie;

    I love this poem, it makes me smile and it's also very recognizable for many of us. Perhaps we should make a chapbook called 'The Adventures of our mobile phones' ☺

    All my best,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enjoyable witty poem, Annie! Hope you have acquired a new phone by now! Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, i really loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the humor! Something we need more of.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Annie, you've done it again. Humorous, gentle and immensely skilful.

    ReplyDelete