Sunday, May 6, 2018

a wonderful feeling--By Maurice J. Reynolds--United States

a wonderful feeling

yawns, sniffles, and
a weary head decorate
the room on an early
spring day; pencils
marking and erasing;
over in the corner,
a warm smile embraces
the face of the instructor
sitting at his desk;
proud of his students
taking their PSAT test;
a wonderful feeling indeed.

Maurice J. Reynolds (MJ) is an educator living in the great state of Michigan.  He loves spending time with family, working with children and youth, as well as writing.  He is the owner and editor of the email publication, Creative Inspirations.  Submission and subscription information can be found at: www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com.  

14 comments:

  1. Dear Maurice,

    Nervous students and an instructor who is silently proud. Well written poem. Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem Maurice! It reminds me when I took the PSAT test, years ago. I was nervous with a knot in my stomach, lol. All I can remember was the nervousness and the smell of pencils grinding in the electric sharpener before test taking and the smudges when trying to erase, lol.

    Keep writing and submitting, I love your work.

    Peace and blessings,
    Mysti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mysti. I am glad you enjoyed my poem. Thank you for sharing your experience of the PSAT. I remember taking it as well, and I think I was just as nervous. And yes, that smell of pencil wood grinding in the sharpener just does not go away, lol.

      -MJ

      Delete
  3. had to look up what a PSAT test is, LOL, but loved this, Maurice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...yes...test day, nice piece Maurice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M.J.
    I was so nervous when I took my PSAT and rightfully so! I only scored 750 out a possible 1600. I practiced for he SAT' took it twice, ad as finally able to get up to a 950. What a relief! Thanks for letting me share that
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David. Thank you for your comments. I know the feeling. I was probably equally nervous when I took my PSAT and SAT tests a long time ago....

      -MJ

      Delete
  6. The PSAT testing came after my school days but timed testing made me nervous. Essays tests were my favorite. I was a writer even then. Nice poem Maurice.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caryl. I certainly understand. It's just something about "tests" that put a chill in a lot of people, including myself. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

      -MJ

      Delete
  7. Great thoughts Maurice,
    Coming from a very good teacher
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yancy. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it.

    -MJ

    ReplyDelete