Thursday, October 1, 2015

No GPS, Map or Postcode--By Annie Jenkin--England

No GPS, Map or Postcode

This journey I am on... is a lonely road,
there is no GPS, map or postcode,
I am travelling light to lessen my load
I can almost touch the sides within my world.
The brightness swings from dark to light;
Some areas of thought are locked up tight.
The depth of which are still a mystery
and, as yet, I don’t have a master key.
At times and for reasons unknown,
I must travel this route alone.

Please don’t worry if I appear withdrawn,
in my own way I am seeking shelter
and trying to work out how to get better.
I am pushing against personal boundaries
Yet on occasion... I seem to be chasing shadows.
However, along the way I have been blessed;
With sources of friendship and helping hands,
who patiently give time... without making demands.
They have propped me up when I have been blue,
To these friends I will always be true.

Annie Jenkin lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

3 comments:

  1. Annie,

    I can feel the emotion in this one..Enjoyed reading it today..

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie. This is a nice poem. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete