Sunday, November 29, 2015

Homecoming--By Scott Thomas Outlar--United States

Homecoming

I close my eyes for the briefest moment
and catch a glimpse of a tiny black dot
in the back of my mind
hovering behind my eyes
that suddenly explodes in red ignition
like a fiery halo
burning over a vast horizon
singing to me sweetly
luring me in like a siren
with a gentle whisper
to return
to come home
to be as One
again
finally
in absolution

Scott Thomas Outlar spends the hours flowing and fluxing with the ever changing currents of the Tao River. His next chapbook, Songs of a Dissident, will be released in early 2016 through Transcendent Zero Press. He enjoys connecting with readers and fellow writers at his daily blog 17numa.wordpress.com.

6 comments:

  1. Scott Thomas Outlar -- I love this. I know the dot of which you speak! - Laura M Kaminski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Laura! When the two eyes become as one...

      Delete
  2. That dot caught my attention! Bang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiritual illumination or a consequence of staring at the sun for too long? Ha! You be the judge. Cheers, Don!

      Delete
  3. lovely poem, I relate to the dot too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheikha! That dot sometimes seems so near, and other times elusive...but always powerful.

      Delete