Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Just for Fun--By Lisa DeVinney--United States

Just for Fun

Football pads and baseball bats,
Caps and muddy cleats,
Dirty dishes, dirty socks,
Dirty towels and sheets;

Backpacks here and blankets there.
Where’s my favorite shirt?
Got a game to get to and
No way…that’s not my dirt!

Oh how’s a girl to keep up;
What on earth am I to do?
Cuz all that’s just the husband…
When the kids arrive, I’m through!

Lisa DeVinney is a homemaker and mother of six in upstate New York. She enjoys photography and writing devotional poetry in her spare time. Lisa is the author of several books, including a devotional entitled I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes. She also maintains her own website at liftingmyeyes.com

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Putting up with hubby and the kids can be stressful or I can only imagine as I am not married or have kids!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, David. It certainly can be. But also so much fun. I've enjoyed just about every minute of it. :)

      Delete