Saturday, October 14, 2017

Catnapping--By Mary Gunn--Ireland

Catnapping

Each day
the wee black cat
gets in beside the dog – 
they have an hour's snooze together... 
cat leaves
   
Mary Gunn is a writer from Ireland who has been writing haiku, tanka and other forms of poetry for a few years. Her writing has been published in journals and magazines in Ireland and overseas. One of her haiku received an Honourable Mention in the 2016 Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival International Haiku Invitational.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mary, I really enjoyed your cinquain poem, I can see the scene you describe right before my eyes.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem produced a sweet image in my mind - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. Total metaphor, says so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resonates with all us "FurEverFriends"; absolutely wonderfully written, enchantingly delightful view of our beautiful four legged friends that give so much to us with their presence in our lives. I love this.

    ReplyDelete