Monday, October 9, 2017

The Team Theme Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Gert Knop--Germany and Jack Horne--England

Autumn Dreams 

By Gert Knop--Germany and Jack Horne--England

Dreams of the forest where oaks stand,
with blackened branches, wet from dew.
leaves glare with living gold.
Silence in the woods, only a soft breeze,
the chirping of birds,
playing their games under the canopy.
The undergrowth, abundantly covered
with moss and fallen leaves,
slows down my footsteps, let me listen.

A walk at dawn:
my footsteps crunching on the fallen leaves
and birdsong break the silence;
my breath smoking,
like the light covering of hoar frost;
shafts of light peer between the trees,
as leaves continue to rain down.
I meet a fox, a pheasant in its mouth;
it turns back and is gone in a heartbeat,
and, smiling, I continue on my way.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Gert Knop and Jack Horne for a very fine poem indeed,best wishes,Angelee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you angelee for your friendly comment. All the best, Gert

      Delete
  2. Gert and Jack,
    Great poem! I liked it a lot!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David, Thank you for your comment! Your friend, Gert

      Delete
  3. Your 'Theme Team' appears to be a 'Dream Team'
    Well done, Gert & Jack.

    Best wishes,

    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Inge, Love your comment, yes, Jack and I are really a good team! Wishing you all the best ever, Gert

      Delete
  4. A truly delightful collaboration for this time of the year, Jack & Gert. Lovely imagery. Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul, enjoyed your comment! All the best, Gert

      Delete
  5. Dear Gert and Jack,

    Thank you for sharing this wonderful collaborative poem for our readers can enjoy. The multi-sense imagery works so well.

    Keep up the good writing, my friends! Best wishes always.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentlemen...thank you for allowing us to accompany you both on a magical forest hike! one can feel the clean air (moss present) & nearby water & cover (fox & pheasant)for a moment, I thought you both had visited us here in Minnesota's Superior Nat'l Forest...these moments are glorious! & "real" life...james marshall goff

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful moment in nature. I could see it all so clearly in this Autumn scene you painted so vividly together.
    Best,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. An endearing duet; two views on a walk in the park, both intriguing.
    You had me at the oak tree.

    Congratulations on a fine collaboration,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments & to my friend Gert for writing with me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gert Knop, Jack Horne..GASP..I'm wearing goose bumps, relishing in the JOYOUS tingling after effects of this delicious soul food so exquisitely written that I never want my eyes to stray from the sight of these words as they push out all the ugliness that had been in them from an earlier intake of images on different media outlet, that nasty vehicle TV which delivers a continuous barrage of news 24/7. Thank you for injecting beauty into our days, providing us with such an ethereally enchanting walk in your magical words. MAGNIFICENT. WOW, I AM IMPRESSED.

    ReplyDelete