Thursday, April 9, 2015

Broken Heart Menders--By James Andrew Fraser--Scotland

Broken Heart Menders

There is a little garden
Where ickle cherubs stay
They are hearts little menders
Under natures scented bouquet

Red threads they pull and spin
From the cotton tree behind
To mend our broken hearts
Their sewing so intertwined

They sit and sew and sew
To mend our broken hearts
As they bring two halves together
And wonder why they part

They have heard so many stories
As to why they drifted so
But these ickle little cherubs
Just sit and sew and sew

There is a little garden
Where broken hearts are mended
So if your heart gets broken
These cherubs will re-mend it

James Andrew Fraser resides in Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands, Bonnie Scotland.
His hobbies apart from poetry are music, art and football.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, James! Your poem is wonderful, cute and adorable all wrapped up in one... I love the visuals, so do my kids and we've learned a new word, too........ "ickle" sure does fit the subject! Actually, I do believe I've encountered an ickle a time or two! Smile........... a really fun read! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this cheruby poem of yours, James! Now I must find the link to that garden, just in case I have to refer any of my friends to it. All the best. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello James. Enjoyed this warm and touching poem. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear James: what a great premise--garden cherubs mend broken hearts. Original! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear James, your delightful poem put a smile on my face and was of great cheer to me today. Lyrical and lovely! Mahalo and Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete