Saturday, April 11, 2015

Haiku--By Chen-ou Liu--Canada

winter twilight
the one-legged veteran faces
a revolving door
_______________

winter mist ...
bookmarking a moment
with this haiku
_______________

no trace left ...
I weave her laughter
into my dream
_______________

my shadow and me
in the silence
a wall clock ticking
_______________

Chen-ou Liu is the author of four books, including Following the Moon to the Maple Land (First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest). His tanka and haiku have been honored with many awards. To read more of his poems, please go to Poetry in the Moment, http://chenouliu.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. very sad and realistic...so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chen-ou Liu, your Haiku are so poignant and so emphatic in their expression! They are abstracts of real life and the many mirrors we face daily! Excellent! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big haiku fan, and these are some of the best I have seen
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stellar thread here. I can almost hear a wall clock ticking down the hallway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haiky, Chen-ou Liu. I especially like the last one. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well caught and well observed, not necessarily in that order! Thanks for your sharing. Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chen-ou Lui. It is wonderful to read your splendid poetry again. We haven't shared since Wild Poetry Forum.

    years have passed
    but we remain
    friends as always

    ReplyDelete