Sunday, April 26, 2015

Remember My Mercy--By Robert A. Dufresne--United States

Remember My Mercy

It’s all out there and in here too,
the pain, confusion, and anxiety.
What is a person to do,
who lags in the virtue of piety.

It must be given to One
much more powerful than I,
And so I have done,
But not quite, so that’s a lie.

I take back what I have given,
and suffer it all over again,
though I’ve been forgiven.
Such is the haunting of sin.

How could I have ever done these things;
Is what the too proud ego sings.

Robert A. Dufresne was born in Vermont and raised on a dairy farm. After four years in the Navy and trying his hand at a couple of trades, he settled in as a self employed remodeling carpenter for 31 years. He and his wife moved to Florida in 1998, where he continued his career. He began writing poetry in 2009 .

3 comments:

  1. Robert, this poem spills in humility right out of the vanity of mankind....... your words are exquisite and full of depth......... Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Robert. I enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert, this is an exceptional piece to ponder! I especially connected with your last two lines. Pride can be the downfall of so many. Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete