Thursday, April 16, 2015

Embers of Time--By Joyce I. Johnson--United States

Embers of Time

Time comes--time goes and we forget
The wonder of its being.
The sights it brings to dazzle us
We see without the seeing.

But lo, there comes a special day
When we mark every minute,
A time when everything is right
And every moment in it.

Such a day is this one
With Easter Sunday dawning.
I know I'll see all those I love
Before the nighttime's yawning.

Time to remember--time to keep
Within my book of living.
I am so grateful to my God
For the special times He's giving.

Joyce I. Johnson lives in the beautiful Skagit Valley of Washington State. She owns a small farm and rents her land to a bulb grower. She is surrounded by beauty in the spring from the tulips and daffodils that inspire much of her poetry. Joyce celebrated her 96th birthday in July of 2014.

9 comments:

  1. holy smokes! 96, farming, and lovely poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joyce, you are so beautiful and so is your precious poem. I love it! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful poem Joyce, with lovely images lingering upon each thought.
    Blessings always, Leokadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely poem Joyce. Your words reveal your love of the Lord & His
    influence in your life! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful inspiration. God bless you, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your poem Joyce. Especially like the line of "seeing and not seeing". Watching for more. Ron G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work, Joyce. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice poem, enjoy the beautiful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, such a special time to be with those we love. I hope you're feeling better now, dear Joyce xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Joyce, Your poems are always so lyrical and special that they sing! I adored this inspirational poem in tune with Divine spirit. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete