Saturday, April 18, 2015

Flower Tranquility--By Helen Dowd--Canada

Flower Tranquility

To calm my soul when life is hard
I find respite in my backyard,
And inner turmoil disregard.

I sit and stare at the flowers there
And smell the lovely morning air.
And all at once, I have no care.

The pansies all smile up at me.
They seem as happy as can be!
It makes my soul seem, oh so free.

Roses don't worry about what's beyond,
Or that their pedals drop to the ground.
They cheerfully spread their perfume 'round.

And daisies wave their pretty heads.
They don't consider that soon they'll be dead.
They share their loveliness instead.

The flowers know only what they see.
They have no care of what will be.
I learn from them TRANQUILITY.

Helen Dowd enjoys spending time at her computer, along side her husband of 56 years, writing poetry, story poems, stories about pets and life in general, as well as inspirational and Bible stories. She has one book published. Her stories and poems have been published in several Anthologies. She is presently a caregiver for her husband and sister, two dogs, four cats and 3 gold fish.

10 comments:

  1. Helen, you poem speaks of the most basic and genuine form of inspiration and these are usually at our back door............ how beautiful and humble are your words! If you are new to Whispers, I welcome you! If you are already a contributor to these awesome walls at Whispers, congratulations on a beautiful poem entry! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely thoughtful write - yes, we could all learn from those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I enjoyed your poem. it is not only about tranquility but induces it. thanks. Ron Grognet

    ReplyDelete
  4. As fragrant as the flowers are the words that flow so gracefully in your lovely poem. Thanks for sharing Helen. I enjoyed reading it! Best wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "See, of Tranquility" is fantastic, one only a true visionary could conjure, and eventually assign proper words and phrases... Best best friend, and mentor, is Canadian. She is all about The Rose, therefore, so I am, as well. So, in essence, lightning strikes on multiple fronts here, for me, on this day.

    Myke Todd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone,

    Helen would like to thank everyone for your kind comments. Words of encouragement mean a lot to others. Thank you for taking time share some thoughts for her.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Helen. I enjoyed your touching poem, "Flower Tranquility." Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tranquility comes from not worrying about trivial things. Your pretty flowers have a lesson to offer, and in their company we too can feel calm and ease of mind. Much enjoyed. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love this poem. one close to my heart. I love sitting in my backyard looking at the flowers and the bright colours.wonderful.I really enjoyed reading. this, so inspiring and uplifting excellent. well done. best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete