Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Studies of the Anonymous--By Brian Strand--England

Studies of the Anonymous                                

Cryptic immobility, in black white.
Indistinct, seen as through a glass darkly,
in contrasts of shade and light. Abstracted
visuals, drawings of sculptured movement,
hazy impressions of the episodes of life.
Studies of the anonymous, single figures
in penciled outline, solitary maquettes
frozen in time, alone with their thoughts.

(inspired by Seurat’s penciled portraits)

Brian Strand has created short poetic forms including 'broken monoku' (a haiku variation) and 'footle' (a trochaic monometer with witty, topical, etc themes) and Captioned Cartoon, an Ekphrasis combining his art and poetic interests. He has published a seven kindle ebook series Poetic forms; A Strand of Verse; My Choice Strand Verse; A Strand Guide; Christianity Explained; A Strand critique; and Captioned Cartoon Ekphrasis. Brian has written nearly 200 Amazon reviews and is a Wiki poetry and art editor.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Brian, these are beautiful words, an abstract "word painting" defining the artwork. It would not be an easy thing to achieve that, me thinks, but you have done so perfectly. I will check out your ebook of 7 on Amazon. Please DO check out my ebook collaboration ( for children ) in which I did the illustrations. Title is: The Morning Dream ................ I will comment on yours, too. Would love to read your comments as well............ God Bless, my friend, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a Perfect 6 about Surat too? Well captured, hauntingly true. Best wishes Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, great use of words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Brian, I just commented for you on Amazon......... and I just purchased one of your Kindle books, the rest will come later, though, okay? Thought I'd let you know. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brian. I continue to be intrigued and blessed by your poetry. Thank you for sharing "Studies in the Anonymous." Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete