Saturday, June 11, 2016

An Early Morning Prayer--By Lisa DeVinney--United States

An Early Morning Prayer

Here I am; just you and me, Lord,
In this quiet place.
The sun is streaming in
And shining warmly on my face.

Please show me what You have for me
To learn from You today.
Get rid of all the hindrances
That might get in the way.

Hear my request, as I desire
To know Your precious will.
And know that I will stay here
In this quiet place until

You touch me with Your Spirit –
Make me ready for the day.
Then guide me as I follow
Close behind You, all the way.

Lisa DeVinney is a homemaker and mother of six in upstate New York. She enjoys photography and writing devotional poetry in her spare time. Lisa is the author of several books, including a devotional entitled I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes. She also maintains her own website at liftingmyeyes.com

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful and caring prayer. I read it, pretending it was me praying those very words. How I needed them today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your response, Jo! It's exactly why I share such poems... so others can enter that same place that I have been, spending time with our Father. Oh, how He longs to have us there. And what a blessing we receive there, in His presence. I'm glad to know these words were a blessing to you. And you, in return, have been a blessing to me. Thank you! - Lisa

      Delete
  2. Lisa, thank you for this wonderful prayer-poem. I needed it this morning and enjoyed it very well. Continued blessings to you!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was a blessing to you, MJ. Thank you for sharing that with me. God bless you! - Lisa

      Delete