Monday, June 20, 2016

das Ding an sich (the thing in itself)--By Cindy Hutchings--United States

das Ding an sich (the thing in itself)

What will happen to me

if I doubt all my perceptions
distrust all my senses
drop all personifications

would I be an empty slate

ready to learn anew
see in different light
the things of this world

pluck dreams from the garden of intellect
unearth reality in blossoming reason
gather the blue flower of Novalis

could I unfold an enlightened Romantic?

Cindy Hutchings is a member of Northwest Renaissance & Striped Water Poets in Auburn, WA, USA. She graduated from the University of Washington with a BA in English and Women Studies. She writes with passion about nature, events, and social causes. Her poetry is shared online at QuillandParchment.com and http://artwithaheart-forum.tumblr.com. Cindy’s first poetry chapbook, Tree Talk, was published by MoonPath Press in 2015.

6 comments:

  1. Very good composition, what an awesome poem! You have given me a smile with your piece. Thank you for sharing this illustrious work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sense of hope you aspire to. A definite feel good poem, that everything will right itself - eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, this is a very profound and poetic write. It enticed feeling all within me and that last line is perfect. Thank you for sharing this. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought evoking poem, Cindy. Much to ponder here. Thank you for sharing. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, Cindy...this is OUTSTANDING!It enabled me to breathe deeper, feel chills, let my mind soar to limitless heights!
    I loved it! Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete