Thursday, June 23, 2016

Frenzy--By Marlene Million--United States

Frenzy

Staring at white page, sparkle's lost from muse,
image wiped from mind, no brain waves to cruise.

I flip through magazines, scan vibrant stories,
listen to classics, jazz, inspirational glories.

I gazed outside with vision slipping,
thoughts down drain, white hot, missing.

Starbucks emptied, no friend, the clock.
I'm crazed with madness; It's writer's block.

Marlene Million is a retired insurance secretary from her husband's business and grandmother of four. She has published two chapbooks and belongs to several writers’ groups. She had a poem on display at Indianapolis Arts Garden the month of February, 2013 and has been published in a variety of venues.

6 comments:

  1. Marlene,
    I'm quite familiar with writer's block...
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really identify with this. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to your poem, Marlene. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sympathetic to this poem because I am going through the same situation myself. I have just decided to take a poetry break and read other's poetry until my muse returns.
    I enjoy reading poetry, especially here, as there is such diversity. Very nice! Cheers, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, All! Summer months are hectic with family outings, festivals, concerts. My muse comes and goes. . .
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete